Meniny na web





Radobica 124
tel.:      046 / 549 41 72 , 046/ 549 41 05, 0918/ 519305
fax:      -



The first written record of the village dates back to the year 1324. The village symbol from the 17th and 18th century symbolizes a coniferous tree with 4 branches – the so-called Green district. On the sides of the tree trunk are the letters "R" and "A", which indicate the name RADOBICZA. The whole symbol is decorated with two branchelets on the bottom.




The northernmost village of Radobica is located in the north-eastern part of the mountain range Tríbeč and on the borders with the mountain range Vtáčnik. The history of this beautiful mountainous village dates back to the 13th and 14th century. The first written record of this formerly Slovenian settlement dates from 1324. In the deed, according to which the sons of Michal de Somony and Lavkus shared a part of the property, the village was referred to as "possesio Radobicza in Bors", which meant Radobica in Tekov district.


The next record of the existence of the village is the deed of Nitra chapter dating back to April 4th 1352, in which RADOWICHE was referred to as the property of the family of Symonyi. In the tax records from 1535 RADOBYCHA is referred to as the village of cotters.

In the 17th and 18th century the family of Symonyi started to share the village with the family of Majthény. Radobica is a village with a large number of settlements. At the time of division of property, there were 13 settlements: Cerová, Hvojníkeje, Košovský, Štieflov, Hôrka, Glenda, Bánske, Kollár, Podstráň, Kočner, Plazov, Trník a Domček.


Over the centuries the cotter village changed to a village of crfatsmen and peasants. The craft of sieve makers, blacksmiths, millers, carpenters and taverners flourished in the village.      The remaining part of the settlers grew corn, hop, legumes, root crops and hemp. Their homesteads were filled with cattle, sheep, pigs and poultry. The orchards provided food and work to numerous bee hives.

The number of citizens in the village did not increase. On the contrary, in 1828 there were 401 people in the village and in 1888 their number decreased to 393. More favourable days were brought in by the 20th century. In 1900 the number of citizens grew to 582. In 1970 the number of people equaled 1007 and the Furniture factory in Thonet in Veľké Uherce and its estate provided work but low incomes. Therefore, a lot of people went to work to Czech Republic, Austria, Germany and France. The small village started growing. People started building low houses with rectangular ground plans and small windows. The houses filled both sides of the road. There were several thermal springs coming from the earth next to the mill in the settlement Cerová. Here, the people wetted the hemp and manually produced cloth for dresses. The only source of water was the well in the center of the village. The women used to go wash the clothes into the creek of Lajšovec – a creek lining the road Veľké Pole – Horná Ves.

In 1907 the long expected school building was built. In 1932 the road to Horná Ves was built as well. On April 2nd 1945 the village was liberated by the units of the 10th division of troops of the 1st Romanian army. In the years to come, the willage witnessed the building of two water tanks, duct and the electricity was iplemented into the village. In 1950 a church was built and in 1969 the cultural house with local authority building were put to use together with the local library. 

Radobica soon became a well-known tourist and recreational destination promoted by tens of recreational cottages. Peple usually come here to find peace, to take some rest, to enjoy the beautiful nature both in the summer and winter. As early as 1980 the village of Radobica was classified as the second-category recreational village, which reflects its perspective. 



At present the village has 532 inhabitants, out of whom 91.51 % are Slovak and 8.49 % are of other nationality. Throughout 2003 the gas lines were installed in the whole village. The village has a cultural house woth local library, kindergarten and sports area for team sports. The village is a well-known tourist and recreational destination, which promotes the development of hiking and cycling sport with a lot of cycling trails. The village is characterized by well-developed cottage recreation. There are approximately 120 recreation challets.

Recreational activities:

hiking – marked and unmarked nature trails in the mountain range Vtáčnik and Tríbeč, mushroom picking in all village parts and fishing – mountain creeks.



The Church of Godly Jesus's Heart

One of the cultural sights is the Roman-catholic originally built in 1950 and reconstructed in 2001.  





The church before the reconstruction in 1994.




The church after reconstruction in 2002.


The Statue of St. Ján Nepomucký

Near the church stands the statue of St. Ján Nepomucký, which has been reconstructed.




The Chapel in Cerová

The chapel is 2.5 away from the village of Radobica and was built by the local citizen Ján Tomáš as a demonstration of gratitude for the return from the captivity during the World War II after 1945. The chapel is consecrated to the Virgin Mary.








HA - MI - KO Kováčik Pavel
Lodging house Cerová 219
tel.:      046 / 5494101
e-mail: -
web:     -








Grocery store MIX, owner D. Jančichová – sale of gorceries,
Pub, owner J. Pravda – refreshment and pleasant atmosphere with the capacity of 30 places,
Pub, pub keeper K. Sýkora – refreshment and pleasant atmosphere with the capacity of 30 places.





• The Carnival season parade through the village. 


Burying the bass followed by dancing.




• Raising the Maypole.






•The Day of Medzihorie (organized by one of the villages of the microregion).






• The celebrations of SNP- sitting by the bonfire.


• Exhibition of the works made by skilled hands in the local church.





• Feast by the fir tree.







• Singing carols in the village.






Navštívili ste už náš mikroregión?

yes - 74 %
no - 26 %